Wednesday, July 20

The Importance of Being Idle

Because He Who Asks asked.

Multi-tasking really means why don't you join the circus since you're a freak of nature anyway. Juggling, trapeze twirling, jumping through hoops on fire, and why don't you feed the elephants, too?

WHAT ARE THE THINGS YOU ENJOY, EVEN WHEN NO ONE AROUND WANTS YOU TO GO OUT AND PLAY?

Reading. My head is already noisy on its own. Throw in a good book with lots of good dialogue and a warped plot and there's a swiftly tilting solar system inside me. Seriously, books are handy time machines.

DVDthons. Since W doesn't share my inhuman stamina for DVDthon all-nighters, this is usually a one-man affair. Or when Faye is around, it's a family affair with ice cream and junk food and serial smoking.

Smoking. Sometimes. It's when I get all broody and sensitive.

Shopping. It's when I get all broody and sensitive over money. And I hate it when someone's hovering and Jedi mind controlling me to make a decision.


WHAT LOWERS YOUR STRESS/BLOOD PRESSURE/ANXIETY LEVELS?

Making mixes. I can be incredibly focused when planning how to get from Miles Davis to Death Cab for Cutie, with a Kelly Clarkson detour in the middle. I can be so focused that I tend to forget everything else.

Musical remedies for this weekend: Transatlanticism, Death Cab for Cutie; Quiet is the New Loud, Kings of Convenience; Vespertine, Bjork; Dummy, Portishead; Nightsongs, Stars; Von Otter Meets Costello: For the Stars, Elvis Costello and Anne Sofie Von Otter.

Smoking. Gotta kick this one. But it keeps me from being violent. So, shrill shrieking Thor or lonely guy at the bar Thor? (Duskwatcher, mind your comment.)

Drinking alcohol. Oh sweetness.

Best Before. Me band. Jamming and just playing around. And then beer and oily food later.

And lots of TV.

No comments: